Futures Start Here. How Will Yours Take Shape?
Students’ interests, values, or passions can be explored by studying within an Academic Pathway. Designed to help a student meet their academic and career goals, the Pathways Program is a great start to exploring a college major!
The Pathway Program is available to academically eligible students at the end of freshman year and throughout their sophomore year. Eligibility is determined by the student’s guidance counselor during their academic scheduling meetings. All students must fulfill the core requirements for graduation, but if an Academic Pathway is selected, a student can concentrate their studies in a chosen academic area that will lead to a demonstration of proficiency and commitment to that field of study. Students successfully completing the requirements of an Academic Pathway will have this designated on their final transcript, as well as being awarded a colored cord to wear at graduation.
The Academic Pathways are:
Performance and Fine Arts
Pathway Foundations include:
- Career Fair
- 1:1 monthly meeting with the PFPS Faculty advisor
- Personalized Naviance instruction
Plus, students will have the following available to them:
- Enhanced and targeted college search guidance
- Opportunity to work closely with our dedicated Pathway faculty advisor for 1:1 meetings
- Participation in Pathway-related field trips, service learning opportunities, workshops, and guest speaker events with students who share common interests.